Not only has guest blogging become the most recent ‘big thizzle in the hizzle fo’ shizzle‘ (SEO world), but it has been and still remains to be a very powerful way to expose yo’ bad self to a new audience, build great relationships, increase potential author rank and, lest I forget to mention, build link-dizzles fo’ rizzle.
In this episode, Snoop Dogg’s biggest fan blesses us with some “Guest bloggin’ resources and knowledge fo’ they fly bootays.” <— that’s a direct quote from the Doggfather himself
Snoop and Guest Blogging
Snoop Doggy Dogg knows all about guest blogizzilin’ like O.G.’s a synonym for hip-hop on riddlin’. In the music industry, this phenomenon is known as “guest appearances” and snoop D-O-double-G has had his fair share of guest appearances [500 according to Wikipedia]. For any artist, allowing other artists to perform on a track with them is a great way to give a variety of exposure to all artists on the track. If an artist is up and coming, or trying to break into a market, one of the best and most surefire ways for that artist to gain traction is to perform with an artist that already has klout within that market.
When talk of signing to major labels with my old band began, our managers began looking for popular artists to guest appear on at least one of our tracks. These managers had been ‘in the game’ for a long time and knew that that would be the quickest and surest way to success as they’d proven before with other artists.
The same goes with online marketing when it comes to guest blogging. Guest blogging/authoring can be a great way to break into a market or get exposure to new markets for all parties involved. Guest blogging is to online marketing what guest appearances are to marketing an artist.
If you’re unsure whether or not guest blogging will be worth the time and effort, start here: How and Why You Should be Guest Blogging [With Case Study]. Once you’re convinced that it’s a great idea, keep reading.
Ain’t Nuthin But a G Thang…kind of
There are three key elements to a guest blogging campaign
- The Find
- The Outreach
- The Fulfillment
Find Guest Blogging Opportunitizzles
- MyBlogGuest (free)
- BlogSynergy (free)
- Blogger Linkup (free)
- Blogdash (free & paid) via Paddy Moogan @Mozcon 2012
- Guestr (free – for now) – Thx to Jayson Bagio of SEOTeky.com
- Web Traffic Control (paid)
- The Content Facilitator (free)
- Guest Blogging Network (this one looks very iffy)
Guest Blogging Queries (intermediate) Herein lies great power
- 70 Ways To Find Guest Posting Opportunities Using Google [Thanks to Jayson Bagio]
- Why Aren’t You Using Twitter To Build Links?
- Searching Google by Author
Outreach Like it’s Hot
- Mastering Blogger Outreach: 35+ Tips and Tools to Help You Find the RIGHT Contact Info
- Putting Guest Post Outreach Theories to the Test [With Some Real World Data]
- Guest Blogging Etiquette: How To Successfully Pitch A Guest Post?
- The Anatomy of an Awful Guest Post
- 6 Guest Blogging Emails That Suck
- How to Connect With People When Doing Outreach for Guest Posts [Jayson Bagio @ SEOTeky.com]
Fulfillment Was the Case
- How to write a guest post that will dazzle any A-list blogger
- 3 Myths of Guest Writing for Big Websites…and 6 Tactics for Doing it Well (#3-#6)
- 10 Super Easy SEO Copywriting Tips
- Are Your Titles Irresistibly Click Worthy& Viral?
- The Ontolo Guide to Link Building with Guest Posts
- What Makes a Great CopybloggerGuest Post?
Mo’ Guest Blogging Help? Fo Sheezy ma Breezies!
Now that we have the tactics down, let’s take a look at some tools for leveraging and multiplying our efforts (I had trouble finding an all-in-one tool for guest posting. I’ll be adding more as I find them).
Guest Blogging Tools
- GroupHigh’s Blog Outreach Management Software
- Generate Link Building Queries Tool
- Opensite Explorer
Tips, Guides, Videos and Then Some from the Doggfather of Guest Blogging
After reading this post, you should be well acquainted with how-to, why-to, where-to, who-to, when-to and what-to for guest blogging.
Reading, watching and/or listening to the following articles, guides, etc. will have you a pro guest blogger in no time.
- List of 700+ Guest Posts Sites & How To Do Guest Blogging Guide
- Guest Blogging Strategies – Whiteboard Friday [Video]
- Link Building with Guest Posts, The Complete Guide [pdf version]
- Top 5 Tips for Guest Blog Research
- Don’t Ask for a Guest Post. Offer an Interview.
- The Ultimate Guide to Guest Blogging [Kristi Hines]
- 3 ways to evaluate link prospects and find quality
Til The Next Episode
Taking advantage of guest appearances can lead to great rewards and long-lasting relationships. They can be the difference between breaking mainstream and swimming against the currents. Choose your “guest appearances” wisely though, you don’t want to waste your appearance on a track that ends up in the dollar store.
I have curated these lists myself and would love any other resources you deem worthy. If you know of any other excellent tools/software/services for guest blogging management, feel free to let me know.
Which are your favorite guest blogging tools and guides?
Good luck everyone!
Think this post is blazin’? Feel free to vote it up on Inbound.org. <–click on this link or on the image below!